Links to other marine
or Cornish related web sites
We have selected the following related web sites as being of potential interest to visitors but can take no responsibility for their content.
Views held by other sites are not necessarily those held by the Helford Marine Conservation Group.
If you find that a site has moved or is inactive please be kind enough to let us know.
- Helford Voluntary Marine Conservation Area sponsors - see seperate page for details of companies and organisations which support and sponsor the Helford Voluntary Marine Conservation Area
- CISFBR - Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Federation for Biological Recorders
- Cornwall Holiday Cottages – Luxury Self Catering holiday accommodation by Blue Chip Holidays who have over ten years experience of making your holiday perfect.
- Budock Vean - a privately owned friendly 4 star hotel nestled in large gardens on the banks of the Helford River.
- Characterisation of the South West European Marine Sites - the Fal and Helford cSAC
- Classic Sailing - Tall ships and sailing holiday advice
- Constantine - for beginners and experienced sailors on Tall Ships and Traditional Vessels in many parts of the world
- Cornwall Arts and Crafts Directory (CACD) - THE Cornish directory for arts and crafts.
- Cornish Holiday Cottages - details of many properties around the Helford River,
- Cornwall's Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty - there's lots to see and do in each area of the Cornwall AONB. Visit towns, villages and the historic sites. Find out when local events and festivals are taking place.
- Cornwall Audio Visual Archive (CAVA) - created in 2000 for the study and preservation of the oral history and visual culture of Cornwall.
- Cornwall Butterfly Conservation - working to establish the present status of butterflies in Cornwall to verify which species are increasing or in decline.
- Cornwall Moth Group - encouraging the recording and appreciation of moths in Cornwall.
- Cornwall Tourist Board - the official Cornwall Tourist Board website.
- Cornwall Wildlife Trust - the only organisation concerned solely with the conservation of the Cornish environment and its wildlife!
- Coverack Community Website - providing useful information to members of our village community, and to the many visitors who choose to spend time in Coverack.
- Cycleau - partner organisations from Ireland, SW England and France have joined together to help one another improve the ways we look after our vital water courses.
- The Duchy of Cornwall - one of the largest and oldest landed estates in Britain.
- Natural England - the Government agency that champions the conservation of wildlife and geology throughout England.
- Environment Agency - the leading public organisation for protecting and improving the environment in England and Wales.
- Environmental Records Centre for Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly - ERCCIS collates and manages all wildlife and geological information relating to Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
- Fugro Seacore - established in 1976, Fugro Seacore is at the very top of an industry where skill and experience count for everything. It is a specialist marine drilling contractor, registered in the UK, working on projects all over the world.
- Go Cornwall - everything you need to plan for a trip to West Cornwall.
- Helford River Boats - self drive hire boats, both motor boats and sailing dinghies; seasonal and holiday moorings; small chandlery sales and a passenger ferry and water taxi service.
- Helford River Gig Club have one of the top competitive crews on the racing circuit.
- Helford River Moorings - seasonal moorings, weekly holiday moorings or nightly visitor moorings for all types and sizes of vessels.
- Helford River Sailing Club is an active organisation with both senior and junior sections.
- The National Marine Biological Library - NMBL contains one of the world's major collections of literature on aquatic sciences and fisheries, and acts as a marine biological sciences resource for the United Kingdom.
- National Seal Sanctuary is set in the picturesque Helford Estuary, by the beautiful village of Gweek, in Cornwall. The Sanctuary is a busy rescue centre, and also has resident grey seals, common seals, fur seals, Patagonian and California sea lions, penguins, otters, goats, sheep and ponies.
- The MarLIN initiative of the Marine Biological Association of the UK (MBA), Plymouth, collects and provides information on the biology of seabed life and the sensitivity of marine life to human activities and natural events. Data is provided to the UK National Biodiversity Network. Educational material and recording schemes for volunteers encourage the public to enjoy all marine wildlife.
- Porcupine Marine Natural History Society - an informal society interested in marine natural history and recording, particularly in the North East Atlantic region and the Mediterranean Sea.
- Port Navas - keep up to date with what's going on in and around Port Navas.
Links to Cornish schools with their own web sites
- Archbishop Benson School
- Brannel School Online
- Budehaven Community School
- Carclaze Community Junior School
- Falmouth Community School
- Fowey Community College
- Humphry Davy School
- King Charles Primary School
- Launceston College
- Mullion School
- Newquay Tretherras School
- Newquay Treviglas Community College
- Saltash Community School
- Trekenner CP School